Imagine a world of connected "things" (devices, vehicles, buildings) able to talk to a network, internet, to themselves and be able to take actions ?
Welcome to the IOT(Internet of Things) space, a new revolution, which will have 212 Billion Installed things, 30 Billion autonomously connected things, 3 Million Peta Bytes off Embedded Systems Data by 2020, spanning across all verticals estimated at a value of $8.9 trillion.
Those are some good reasons to look in this direction, Personally it is a truly unique space, as you get to work on both the hardware and the software side of things, be able to connect to the internet and create spectacular devices and solutions.
This course is designed to enable "YOU" to create amazing IOT products and solutions from scratch all the way to the market.Learn it by creating 3 IOT devices from scratch for Home Automation, Building Security and Assisted Living use cases!
The focus in this course it to enable and equip the audience to immediately start building IOT products. We touch all the necessary software, hardware, platform, protocols, everything in between to the point it is required. Additional study material is provided for a deep dive.
Soon there will be more apples coming out of the garage! imagination will be the only limitation.
Key Course Subject Highlight's :
1) 70 + Professionally authored lectures with supporting content
2) Understand what is an IOT thing, IOT Ecosystem, big picture, Use cases, layers and communication protocols
3) Learn how to work Arduino UNO, Arduino Nano,Sensors, Displays, Keypads, Relays, Power converters the whole nine yards.
4) Learn how to connect your IOT devices to the internet over Ethernet or Wifi. Learn how to work with Ethernet Shield, Wifi chip ESP8266 and Development kit like NodeMCU.
5) Understanding software ecosystem, working with Arduino IDE.
6) Learn how to write code (sketch) for your devices, from basics.
7) Understand the different options to Connect your device to a IOT Cloud platfrom, DB's.
8) Learn how to persist data to the cloud platform using an API and HTTP methods.
9) Learn how to program triggers in the IOT platform like making a call, send an email, sending a text and more.
10) Learn how to use a Mobile APP service to create Android APP's in no time and be able to control your IOT device with it over the internet.
11) Learn PCB designing using Fritzing, Casing, Soldering and more.
12) Learn about Manufacturing, Certification, Angels, VC and more.
IOT devices You will Create in the Course :
Product 1 - Smart lights and devices -- Home Automation
Teaching Methodology Highlights:
1) Professionally authored and edited lectures for serious and easy learning
2) Easy presentation style, with NO power points !!
3) Generous use of technology enabled teaching products to enhance learning outcome
4) Carefully planned and sequenced small lectures most of them under 7 min many under 5 min.
5) Guaranteed learning in every minute!
6) Generous descriptions for each lecture and Section
7) All necessary codes, libraries, supporting documentation are uploaded
What are the requirements?
Section 1: IOT - Internet of Things
Lecture 1 The Big Idea - what is IOT and IOT Things ?
Lecture 2 What are we going to do - Course Structure
Section 2: IOT - 101
Lecture 3 Building Blocks
Lecture 4 Characteristics and Levels of IOT devices - I am interesting!
Lecture 5 IOT/communication Protocols - Hola!
Lecture 6 Demystifying how the Internet works
Lecture 7 Hardware Stuff ( Arduino UNO, Nano, Nodecmu and Ethernet Shield)
Lecture 8 Hardware - Shields (Wifi ESP8266, RF )
Lecture 9 Software Stuff (Arduino IDE) lets Power and Play
Lecture 10 Hardware + Software = Magicware . Light an LED
Lecture 11 How to use a Multi Meter
Lecture 12 How to read a resistor
Section 3: Working with Electronics (Boards, Sensors, Shields) and Soldering
Lecture 13 Working with sensors Photo Resistor (Measure Light)
Lecture 14 Working with Sensors - Measure Temperature Its Hot !
Lecture 15 Sensor - Motion Detector (who is there ?)
Lecture 16 working with relays
Lecture 17 Working with a Sound Sensor
Lecture 18 Libraries (working with and installing them )
Lecture 19 Working with Ethernet Boards
Lecture 20 Working with Wifi Boards
Lecture 21 Working with Segment Displays: Please enter you pin!
Lecture 22 Working with a number pad (what is your favorite number ?)
Lecture 23 See How a Shock Feels like (do not try this at home)
Lecture 24 Soldering
Section 4: Working with Software: Arduino IDE
Lecture 25 What is the arduino language ??? - Theory
Lecture 26 Syntax and structures (the bare minimum)
Lecture 27 Memory (how does a computer store data ?? )
Lecture 28 Variables and Keywords
Lecture 29 Control Structures
Lecture 30 Arithmetic,comparison and Boolean operators
Lecture 31 Basic Functions
Section 5: Working with Cloud DB, Platforms, Services and more
Lecture 32 Cloud Platform (DB) for IOT - Basics
Lecture 33 Options - Carriots/Spark/Thinkspeak/SAP HANA
Lecture 34 Temboo - Make a phone call and get pass code from the user
Lecture 35 Temboo - Send an email from your device directly
Section 6: WIFI/Ethernet + Cloud DB +Mobile Apps = Exciting!
Lecture 36 Upload sensor values from arduino to Carriots with Ethernet Shield
Lecture 37 Upload sensor values from nodemcu(esp8266) to Spark using WIFI
Lecture 38 Remotely control your board with a Android APP
Lecture 39 Control an Actual Light using an Android APP
Section 7: Product 1 - Smart lights and devices -- Home Automation
Lecture 40 Designing Idea
Lecture 41 Hardware Required
Lecture 42 Circuit Diagram and PCB layout
Lecture 43 Code Logic - Build and Walk through
Lecture 44 Assembly /Soldering/Casing
Lecture 45 BLYNK Setup Instruction from BLYNK
Lecture 46 DEMO - Control 2 Devices remotely from an APP over WIFI
Section 8: Product 2 - Motion detector with email notification - Building Safety
Lecture 47 Designing Idea
Lecture 48 Hardware Required
Lecture 49 Circuit Diagram
Lecture 50 PCB Layout
Lecture 51 Assembly and Casing
Lecture 52 Code Logic - Build and Walk through
Lecture 53 Programming triggers from Carriots to Send email
Lecture 54 Showtime - Demo and Testing
Section 9: Product 3 - Panic Alarm for the Elderly - - Healthcare Industry
Lecture 55 Designing Idea
Lecture 56 Hardware Required
Lecture 57 Circuit Diagram and PCB Layout
Lecture 58 Assembly /Soldering/Casing
Lecture 59 Device Register and Triggering an email using Thinger.io
Lecture 60 Code Walkthrough
Lecture 61 Showtime - Demo- Wear it and Test it!
Section 10: Manufacturing
Lecture 62 Prototype to Pre-Product
Lecture 63 How to make a PCB - Using Fritzing
Lecture 64 How to make a PCB - Using Eagle
Lecture 65 Line up your CM and sell your products
Section 11: Certification
Lecture 66 Get Certified
Lecture 67 FCC, IC and Cellular Certfication Hand book
Section 12: Looking Ahead - BONUS
Lecture 68 Start a Kick Starter and raise initial capital
Lecture 69 You are selling and have traction ?- meet the Angels/VC
Lecture 70 College grads get ready for the Market
Lecture 71 College projects ?, need help.
Lecture 72 IOT Trouble shooting
Optional Kit 1
|3||Arduino Ethernet Shield||1|
|9||4 Digit 7 Seg Display||1|
|10||4x4 Arduino Keypad||1|
|12||Sound Sensor FC-04||1|
|13||12V/1A Power Supply||2|
|14||2-Channel Relay w/ optocoupler||2|
|18||220 ohm Resistor||10|
|20||RJ 45 Cable||1|
|22||USB-A to USB-B||1|
|24||Male to Male Jumper||40|
|25||Male to Female Jumper||40|
|26||Female to Female Jumper||40|
Optional Kit 2